Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I've been having a lot of fun with my new camera.














Leaf cutters outside the shade houses, decimating a tree.  There were so many ants in this one tree, you could actually hear the click, click of them cutting the leaves as you walked by.






























I took a few minutes out of following monkeys to follow a line of army ants back to their bivouac. These writhing balls of ants always kind of creep me out!


































Some other cool things I saw in the forest.














Tetragonisca angustula--a (relatively) docile, stingless bee















And a couple of spider monkeys behaving themselves.  We like them a lot better when they aren't raiding our labs.
  













































No comments: